R. Scott Rector, PhD
Dr. Rector’s primary research interests include the role of exercise training, lifestyle modifications, and pharmacological interventions upon oxidative stress and liver metabolism in models of obesity, insulin resistance, and the metabolic syndrome. He is specifically interested in determining the effects of exercise training on underlying molecular mechanisms regulating non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and hepatic insulin resistance.
- BS and MS from Arkansas State University
- PhD from University of Missouri in Exercise Physiology
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship at University of Missouri-Internal Medicine Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Holds co-appointments in Internal Medicine's Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
- Member of the American Physiological Society and the American College of Sports Medicine