John Thyfault, PhD
NW502 Med Science Building
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: (573) 882-9818
Dr. Thyfault’s primary research interests include:
- The links between non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, hepatic mitochondrial dysfunction, and low aerobic fitness.
- The role of physical activity and inactivity to modulate glycemic control, and insulin stimulated blood flow and glucose disposal in skeletal muscle.
"Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism"
View article »
- BS and MS from Fort Hays State University.
- PhD from the University of Kansas in Exercise Physiology.
- Postdoctoral fellowship at East Carolina University-Brody School of Medicine
- Joined MU faculty in the Fall of 2005.
- Holds co-appointment in Internal Medicine's Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, as well as an appointment as a health scientist at the Harry S Truman Memorial VA Hospital.
- Member of the American Physiological Society, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the American Diabetes Association
- Currently funded by the National Institute of Health (RO1).
- Current Director of the Health Activity Center at the University of Missouri