Skip to navigation
Skip to sub-navigation
Skip to main content

Resources for: Students | Alumni | Faculty

Financial Assistance


dollar bill puzzle pieceQualified students in each of the undergraduate emphasis areas can apply and compete for college and departmental undergraduate scholarships.

Submit applications at by December 1 for incoming freshmen and February 1 for currently enrolled and transfer students.

In order to be considered for a scholarship, students must complete the online application each year.

Visit the College of Human Environmental Sciences website for a complete list of available scholarships.


Graduate Research Assistantships are available through the departments. Currently, the department provides a limited number of research and teaching assistantships. Research assistantships that are available each year are tied to a particular faculty member’s research and their availability is dependent upon funding in a given year. Available assistantships provide a year in salary, plus a waiver of tuition and most fees. No separate application is required for these awards; all students who apply to Nutrition and Exercise Physiology will automatically be considered for financial support in the form of a graduate research assistantship. Other sources available are: University fellowships, Life Sciences program, and minority recruiting award assistantships.

Fellowships and Scholarships are available through the College of Human Environmental Sciences.

To be considered for a graduate fellowship or scholarship, ask your advisor or chair for a recommendation. The Office of Research & Graduate Studies, in 118 Gwynn Hall, coordinates these scholarships/fellowships.